SEO: an update
Having completed week #6 of the Global Culture, I can provide an update on where we are in terms of our traffic: Over 55% of our traffic is organic (Google 31%, MSN 22%). There is a small percentage that results from an AdWords campaign I'm running, but I guess those should not be considered organic visits.
Since the content of the site should appeal to a wide audience around the world (I'm getting traffic from all 5 continents) I'm making a big effort to maintain an acceptable pace of posts in Spanish as well, but traffic to that version of the blog is just above 10% so I need to focus on the main site. This, of course has an impact on placement in search engines. Less articles means less words and poor placement in search results.
An interesting test would be to maintain exactly the same content in english and spanish and see their relative placement within search engine results.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home